6x4 'Ocean' (Dark Blue Ocean) F.A.T. Mat Gaming Mat
A 6' x 4' Gaming Surface with unique themes Mouse Pad material, a neoprene rubber backing with a water resistant, smooth surface Great for a gaming mat! While other gaming surfaces can be great, they have their limitations. Felt has hairs that catch models while moving and gets dirty easily, cloth creases and is plain, latex mats require painting and tear easily, wood surfaces are heavy, can be expensive and require a lot of work to prepare and paint. Plastic looks great, but dice bounce all over it loudly, it's expensive, you have to paint it, they're difficult to transport and they have seams running across them where the tiles meet. A game mat on a mouse pad would be durable but flexible, light, good looking, easy to use with no preparation needed, and reasonably priced!
The F.A.T. mat comes with a black canvas zipper bag and a F.A.T. tag (luggage tag) with a picture of the mat contained inside.
Posted by Eric on 11th Nov 2019
These are great and an investment that will last a long time.
Ocean FAT 4'x6' game mat
Posted by Unknown on 2nd Apr 2019
Beautiful colors, really looks like the sea, great quality.
Excellent board game surface
Posted by Unknown on 10th Aug 2018
We bought this to cover our dining room table for playing board games (not wargames). It is exactly what we wanted. Here are some pluses and information:
- This is like a giant mousepad. Size was as described.
- Color and design are as pictured.
- The edges are not finished so we were able to cut it to size with scissors.
- It has a very nice surface (smooth) that allows dice to roll well and quietly. It is also easy to pick up cards.
- The backing is rubber so it doesn't slide or bunch up.
- It lies very flat, even after being rolled up in transit.
- It does have a plastic smell but we have only had it a few days. You can only smell it when you are very close. I assume it will disappear.
Posted by Unknown on 6th Aug 2018
These mats are GREAT! They lay flat, don't move around once placed and are easily transported in their own bag wit a tag that tells you what mat you have.
Freedom of the Seas
Posted by Gary Coyle on 7th Jun 2017
The F.A.T. ocean mats were all that I expected and more. Not too heavy to transport easily, sturdy and with an outstanding visual impact. On an uneven gaming surface (frequently encountered at conventions), they smooth the table and make movement easy. A truly outstanding product.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed